Learning from the Persecuted Church
Children: Find some great children’s activities from Open Doors here , weekly Messy Church Activities here & Midweek Kids here
Youth: Contact Samuel direct or via here for chat groups/Zoom gatherings.
Sing either (more contemporary)…
and/or Sing (more traditional)…
This is a 9 minute pattern for reflection with God at the end of the day. You can try it now – and you may want to use it in evenings during the week.
Readings (Psalm 62 & John 16:31-33)
Read by Louise & Richard Wilson
Now use your own words to pray for people who are persecuted for their faith – depending on your surname.
Pray with Maria (from North Korea)
To think about/discuss – now, in the Facebook chat and in Growth Groups…
- What lessons do you think we can we learn from the persecuted church at this time?
- How do you think you’d cope if you were persecuted for your faith – what would be the hardest things for you?
- How can we pray for – and support – Christians who are persecuted?
- When do you find it hardest to remain faithful to God?
If you’d like to keep in touch, need some practical help, a prayer, or would like to chat about faith… then just let us know via our Contact Page
We’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to join a Growth Group, then let us know here.
- A Church Quiz – this week!
- Supporting the Foodbank (who are short of food and money)
- A free piano!
Join us to pray via Zoom on Sunday at 5:45pm. If you had details last week, they’re the same today. If you’ve not got details, then contact us.
- Try out the Open Doors Children’s resources here
- Join us for Midweek Kids here – available from Wednesday.
- Try using the Evening Examen video above for a few days and see how you get on.
- Find out more about Open Doors & how you can support them. Here’s some more about the toughest places to be a Christian today…