Our live stream from St James’ Church building from 11am Sunday…
Watch later or browse other past live streams by clicking here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC82Y1tUmIGhFlSJYYgX3mmQ
Healthy Habit: Thanking
Questions from today’s speaker. You can use some of these in Growth Groups or alone:
Read through Philippians 4:4-9
- What does Paul mean by ‘rejoicing always’? Why do you think he regards it as so important?
- How can our ‘gentleness be evident to all’?
- How might you relationships with others be different if you remembered that ‘The Lord is near’?
- Who do you know who has at some point shown a ‘peace that passes understanding’? How have you seen this?
- In what circumstances in your life do you particularly want to be more rejoicing, thankful and peaceful? What difference could this make?
What can I pray for?
- Pray for God’s peace that passes understanding in 3 situations:
- An international situation
- A local situation
- The life of someone known to you
- Finally, pray for yourself that you would know God’s peace and bring it to others
How to Pray or Read the Bible
It’s good to get into a daily habit of daily prayer and reading the Bible. There are lots of ways to do this. We’ve given some suggestions on this website on ‘How can I pray?’ and ‘How can I read the Bible?’. If you need help, do ask us – we’d love to help!
Recommended Reading for this Series
There are plenty of good books on ‘Healthy Habits’ (or Spiritual Disciplines). Here are a few:
- The Life You’ve Always Wanted – by John Ortberg
- Holy Habits – by Andrew Roberts
- Celebration of Discipline – Richard Foster (an old classic)
If you’d like to keep in touch, need some practical help, a prayer, or would like to explore faith a bit more… then just let us know via our Contact Page. We’d love to hear from you.
You can also join us in our buildings – if you would like to. More details here
Join us to Pray for our church, community and the world on Sundays at 5:45- 6:30pm via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting ID: 846 9100 8512 Password: 316
If you’d like to join a Growth Group, to get to know other people and explore life and faith together, then let us know here.
How do I follow the Service?
EITHER: Click on the service above
OR: (on a TV or device): 1: Open the YouTube app; 2: Search for St James & St Lukes Church. 3: Subscribe. 4: Click on the Live Stream (or Playlists for previous week’s services). 5: Once you’ve subscribed, you should be able to find each week’s playlist quickly.