Our live stream from St James’ Church building from 11am Sunday…
Watch later or browse other past live streams by clicking here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC82Y1tUmIGhFlSJYYgX3mmQ
This week we’re starting a new series ‘Jesus, the Last, the Least and the Lost’ based on readings from Luke’s Gospel. On a week when adults are being baptised and affirming their baptism promises, we begin with baptism.
Questions from today’s speaker. You can use some of these in Growth Groups or alone:
Read through Luke 3:7-14;21-22
Imagine you were living at the time of this reading and you heard about John the Baptist baptising…
- Why might you have gone or not gone to see what was happening?
- If you were there, how might you feel about what was happening?
- Look through what John says. How would you feel and respond to his words?
- John says the people should produce ‘fruit in keeping with repentance’ (v8). What could these fruit be?
- John specifically tells tax collectors and soldiers how they should do their work. How do you spend most of your time? What do you think John would have said to you?
- When Jesus is baptised (v21-22), various things happen. What significance do you see in them?
What can I pray for?
- Pray for our church as we move into a time of change and transition – including for Sandie and the new churchwarden and for the person who isn’t elected.
- Pray for those suffering from the floods in Pakistan. You can find a Tearfund prayer guide here
- Pray for families, children and schools in our local area as a new school year begins.
How to Pray or Read the Bible
It’s good to get into a daily habit of daily prayer and reading the Bible. There are lots of ways to do this. We’ve given some suggestions on this website on ‘How can I pray?’ and ‘How can I read the Bible?’. If you need help, do ask us – we’d love to help!
If you’d like to keep in touch, need some practical help, a prayer, or would like to explore faith a bit more… then just let us know via our Contact Page. We’d love to hear from you.
You can also join us in our buildings – if you would like to. More details here
Join us to Pray for our church, community and the world on Sundays at 5:45- 6:30pm via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting ID: 846 9100 8512 Password: 316
If you’d like to join a Growth Group, to get to know other people and explore life and faith together, then let us know here.
How do I follow the Service?
EITHER: Click on the service above
OR: (on a TV or device): 1: Open the YouTube app; 2: Search for St James & St Lukes Church. 3: Subscribe. 4: Click on the Live Stream (or Playlists for previous week’s services). 5: Once you’ve subscribed, you should be able to find each week’s playlist quickly.