The Tale of 2 Sons
Our live stream from St James’ Church building from 11am Sunday…
Watch later or browse other past live streams by clicking here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC82Y1tUmIGhFlSJYYgX3mmQ
Join us after the service for Zoom Coffee & Chat after the live stream – from 11:45am – 12.15pm. Click Here to join or join Zoom Meeting: 856 8151 5317 Passcode: 375804
Join us to Pray for our church, community and the world on Sundays at 5:45- 6:30pm via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting ID: 846 9100 8512 Password: 316
You can use some of these in Growth Groups or alone:
Read through Luke 15:11-31
- Read through the story and imagine yourself in the shoes of each of the main characters: The Father, The Younger Son and the Older Son. How would you feel at each stage?
- In what ways can we be like the elder son?
- What type of people would you find most difficult to welcome to our church services/groups/events. Why? How could you get better?
- What do you think we would need to consider doing differently as a church if we had lots of newcomers and non-believers regularly coming along to our services/activities?
- When you think about your life, in what ways do you feel you’re growing closer to God? In what ways are you moving further from God? How could you change?
What can I pray for?
- Pray for us as a church that we would be increasingly welcoming to those who are different from ourselves – and to those who have turned away from God.
- Pray for our government and the leaders of other G7 Leaders meeting this week. Pray for them as they make difficult decisions – such as those affecting the poorest in the world and the possible easing of COVID restrictions.
- Pray for the continuing situation in Congo – there’s an update from Tearfund, following last week’s video about the volcanic eruption here… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl7gW8rZcOU
If you’d like to keep in touch, need some practical help, a prayer, or would like to explore faith a bit more… then just let us know via our Contact Page. We’d love to hear from you.
You can join us in our buildings – if you would like to. Restricted capacity for safety means we are using an Alphabetical System. More details here
If you’d like to join a Growth Group, to get to know other people and explore life and faith together, then let us know here.
How do I follow the Service?
EITHER: Click on the service above
OR: (on a TV or device): 1: Open the YouTube app; 2: Search for St James & St Lukes Church. 3: Subscribe. 4: Click on the Live Stream (or Playlists for previous week’s services). 5: Once you’ve subscribed, you should be able to find each week’s playlist quickly.