Our live stream from St James’ Church building from 11am Sunday…
Watch later or browse other past live streams by clicking here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC82Y1tUmIGhFlSJYYgX3mmQ
You can use some of these in Growth Groups or alone:
Read through Matthew 5:38-48
- How would an ‘Extreme Christian’ live?
- Jesus says: ‘If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also’ (v39)
- How do you feel about this?
- Do you think there are any exceptions?
- Jesus says: ‘Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you’ (v44).
- What type of people do you find it hardest to love?
- In what ways can you show love to them through your actions towards them?
- How can you change your heart towards them?
- How do we show love to people who have done wrong but also not compromise on truth and justice...
- …on a personal level with people?
- …as a society?
What can I pray for?
This week, we have been asking everyone to take some time each day to pray for our church. We’ve sent out daily emails to help you. If you’ve missed them, you can find them all here
- As we think of harvest, and with COP26 approaching, pray for those whose harvests are affected by climate change. You can hear more about the impact in this video from Tearfund: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNXSogUttX4
- Please pray for us as a church – and especially the PCC (church council) – as we face difficult decisions about how best to use the resources God has given us in the future.
- Pray for Grace Kitchen – that it will continue to bless those who benefit from it in our community – especially with more people coming to collect their food and enjoying some soup together.
If you’d like to keep in touch, need some practical help, a prayer, or would like to explore faith a bit more… then just let us know via our Contact Page. We’d love to hear from you.
You can join us in our buildings – if you would like to. More details here
Join us after the service for Zoom Coffee & Chat after the live stream – from 11:45am – 12.15pm. Click Here to join or join Zoom Meeting: 856 8151 5317 Passcode: 375804
Join us to Pray for our church, community and the world on Sundays at 5:45- 6:30pm via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting ID: 846 9100 8512 Password: 316
If you’d like to join a Growth Group, to get to know other people and explore life and faith together, then let us know here.
How do I follow the Service?
EITHER: Click on the service above
OR: (on a TV or device): 1: Open the YouTube app; 2: Search for St James & St Lukes Church. 3: Subscribe. 4: Click on the Live Stream (or Playlists for previous week’s services). 5: Once you’ve subscribed, you should be able to find each week’s playlist quickly.