Seed & Soil (11/04/21)
Sorry, our Live Stream didn’t work this week. However, you can watch the main part of the sermon below. It’s the start of a new series on some of Jesus’ parables. Following the death of the Duke of Edinburgh, we also reflected on what legacy we would each leave for future generations. There are questions to think about below.
This morning, we also heard an interview with Stephen & Tabita Bell…
Join us after the service for Zoom Coffee & Chat after the live stream – from 11:45am – 12.15pm. Click Here to join or join Zoom Meeting: 856 8151 5317 Passcode: 375804
Join us to Pray for our church, community and the world on Sundays at 5:45- 6:30pm via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting ID: 846 9100 8512 Password: 316
You can use some of these in Growth Groups or alone:
Read Luke 8:4-15
- How have you seen the different responses in the parable in people’s lives today?
- In what ways can you relate to the different people in the story?
- What did Jesus mean by a crop yielding 100 times more than what was sown?
- Try taking a few minutes to write out the legacy that you would like to leave for future generations when you die. If you’re with others, you might like to talk about it with them.
- What can we each do now to make it more likely that we will one day yield a crop of 100 times?
What can I pray for?
- Pray for anyone you know who God has brought to mind during today’s service.
- Pray for yourself that you would one day leave the legacy that Jesus wants you to leave to future generations.
- Pray for Stephen and Tabita Bell in response to what they’ve shared in today’s Sunday Online
- Pray for our church as we seek the person God is calling to be our new Church Administrator
If you’d like to keep in touch, need some practical help, a prayer, or would like to explore faith a bit more… then just let us know via our Contact Page. We’d love to hear from you.
You can join us in our buildings – if you would like to. Restricted capacity for safety means we are using an Alphabetical System. More details here
If you’d like to join a Growth Group, to get to know other people and explore life and faith together, then let us know here.
How do I follow the Service?
EITHER: Click on the service above
OR: (on a TV or device): 1: Open the YouTube app; 2: Search for St James & St Lukes Church. 3: Subscribe. 4: Click on the Live Stream (or Playlists for previous week’s services). 5: Once you’ve subscribed, you should be able to find each week’s playlist quickly.