Our live stream from St James’ Church building from 11am Sunday…
Watch later or browse other past live streams by clicking here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC82Y1tUmIGhFlSJYYgX3mmQ
Questions from today’s speaker. You can use some of these in Growth Groups or alone:
Read through Daniel 6:3-16
- Look carefully at each aspect of Daniel’s prayer habit in verse 10. How comfortable or uncomfortable do you feel about this? Would you do something similar?
- What would you need to do to start and then sustain an intentional habit of regular prayer? – share some practical ideas.
- Or, if you currently have a regular prayer habit, can you think of a time when you have struggled to make a regular space to spend time with God praying? – what was it that got in the way? How did it affect your relationship with God?
- Can you think of a time when you feel that regular prayer has changed something? Inspire others by sharing this.
- How confident do you feel about discerning God’s will and purpose so that you can pray into it boldly and courageously? How could you grow in this area?
How to Pray – Where to Start?
It’s good to get into a daily habit of daily prayer and reading the Bible. There are lots of ways to do this. We’ve given some suggestions on this website on ‘How can I pray?’ and ‘How can I read the Bible?’. If you need help, do ask us – we’d love to help!
Recommended Reading for this Series
There are plenty of good books on ‘Healthy Habits’ (or Spiritual Disciplines). Here are a few:
- The Life You’ve Always Wanted – by John Ortberg
- Holy Habits – by Andrew Roberts
- Celebration of Discipline – Richard Foster (an old classic)
What can I pray for?
- Join us to pray for our church, community and the world on Sundays at 5:45- 6:30pm via Zoom. Zoom Meeting ID: 846 9100 8512 Password: 316
- Following on from our AGM last week, pray for our church and especially the new PCC (church council).
- Pray for Ukrainians arriving in the UK and for those in our church and local community who are hosting them.
If you’d like to keep in touch, need some practical help, a prayer, or would like to explore faith a bit more… then just let us know via our Contact Page. We’d love to hear from you.
You can also join us in our buildings – if you would like to. More details here
Join us to Pray for our church, community and the world on Sundays at 5:45- 6:30pm via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting ID: 846 9100 8512 Password: 316
If you’d like to join a Growth Group, to get to know other people and explore life and faith together, then let us know here.
How do I follow the Service?
EITHER: Click on the service above
OR: (on a TV or device): 1: Open the YouTube app; 2: Search for St James & St Lukes Church. 3: Subscribe. 4: Click on the Live Stream (or Playlists for previous week’s services). 5: Once you’ve subscribed, you should be able to find each week’s playlist quickly.