Our live stream from St James’ Church building from 11am Sunday…
Watch later or browse other past live streams by clicking here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC82Y1tUmIGhFlSJYYgX3mmQ
Healthy Habit: Training
Questions from today’s speaker. You can use some of these in Growth Groups or alone:
Read through 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
- Paul talks about training like athletes.
- What might training be like for a Christian trying to become more how Jesus wants us to be?
- How do you feel about doing this sort of training?
- In what ways could you adjust your Priorities, Programme or Partners in training?
- How did Paul’s life demonstrate training to be a Christian?
- As we reach the end of a series on Healthy Habits…
- What habits do you want to develop in your life to grow more like Jesus?
- What practical steps are you taking/will you take?
What can I pray for?
- Pray for families in our community as the school term comes to an end – for the summer holiday period and for the next steps when a new academic year starts
- Pray for our bishops and archdeacons as they seek to lead the Church of England in Derby Diocese – and in the decisions they make about our church and others in our area
- Pray for the work of all those seeking to bring a lasting peace in Ukraine
How to Pray or Read the Bible
It’s good to get into a daily habit of daily prayer and reading the Bible. There are lots of ways to do this. We’ve given some suggestions on this website on ‘How can I pray?’ and ‘How can I read the Bible?’. If you need help, do ask us – we’d love to help!
Recommended Reading for this Series
There are plenty of good books on ‘Healthy Habits’ (or Spiritual Disciplines). Here are a few:
- The Life You’ve Always Wanted – by John Ortberg
- Holy Habits – by Andrew Roberts
- Celebration of Discipline – Richard Foster (an old classic)
If you’d like to keep in touch, need some practical help, a prayer, or would like to explore faith a bit more… then just let us know via our Contact Page. We’d love to hear from you.
You can also join us in our buildings – if you would like to. More details here
Join us to Pray for our church, community and the world on Sundays at 5:45- 6:30pm via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting ID: 846 9100 8512 Password: 316
If you’d like to join a Growth Group, to get to know other people and explore life and faith together, then let us know here.
How do I follow the Service?
EITHER: Click on the service above
OR: (on a TV or device): 1: Open the YouTube app; 2: Search for St James & St Lukes Church. 3: Subscribe. 4: Click on the Live Stream (or Playlists for previous week’s services). 5: Once you’ve subscribed, you should be able to find each week’s playlist quickly.