Fools for Christ
Our live stream from St James’ Church building from 11am Sunday…
Watch later or browse other past live streams by clicking here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC82Y1tUmIGhFlSJYYgX3mmQ
Join us after the service for Zoom Coffee & Chat after the live stream – from 11:45am – 12.15pm. Click Here to join or join Zoom Meeting: 856 8151 5317 Passcode: 375804
You can use some of these in Growth Groups or alone:
Read through 1 Corinthians 1:18-31
- In what ways is the message of the cross ‘foolishness’ (v18) to many people today?
- How is the message of the cross ‘the power of God’ to those being saved?
- In what ways might you explain the significance of the cross to a non-believer?
- Paul writes ‘For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom’ (verse 25)
- What ideas do people today value as ‘wisdom’?
- What should Christians value as ‘wisdom’?
- How do they differ?
What can I pray for?
- Pray for Dave & Rodica Maguire – our Mission Partners in Romania.
- You can watch the interview shown in the services by clicking here
- You can also pray for their outreaches each Friday from 12-2pm (our time)
- Pray for Grace Kitchen, as we seek to feed people in need locally. Give thanks for the giving of food by local supermarket and the time given by members of the church.
- Pray for other organisations in Glossopdale seeking to help those in need, including the Foodbank, Furniture Project and Hummingbirds.
Please note: We won’t be meeting to pray at 5:45 this Sunday (27th) – back to normal next week! However, feel free to pray at home!
If you’d like to keep in touch, need some practical help, a prayer, or would like to explore faith a bit more… then just let us know via our Contact Page. We’d love to hear from you.
You can join us in our buildings – if you would like to. Restricted capacity for safety means we are using an Alphabetical System. More details here
If you’d like to join a Growth Group, to get to know other people and explore life and faith together, then let us know here.
How do I follow the Service?
EITHER: Click on the service above
OR: (on a TV or device): 1: Open the YouTube app; 2: Search for St James & St Lukes Church. 3: Subscribe. 4: Click on the Live Stream (or Playlists for previous week’s services). 5: Once you’ve subscribed, you should be able to find each week’s playlist quickly.