Ten Commandments – Irrelevant? (28/02/21)
Our live stream from St James’ Church building from 11am Sunday…
If you need the link instead, it’s:
Join us after the service for Zoom Coffee & Chat after the live stream – from 11:45am – 12.15pm. Click Here to join or join Zoom Meeting: 856 8151 5317 Passcode: 375804
You can use some of these in Growth Groups or alone:
For some useful background to the reading, you can watch the video we used in the service from the Bible Project: Click here
By the way… There are lots of excellent videos for exploring the Bible on their YouTube channel here or their website bibleproject.com
Read Exodus 20:1-20
- How do you feel about rules? Are there rules today that you particularly like or don’t like?
- God begins (v2) with a reminder of what he’s done. He hasn’t brought us out of Egypt, but he has freed us from slavery to sin. What difference should this make to the way we then respond to the commands that follow?
- ‘You shall have no gods before me’ (v3). What do you think are the most common gods to put before God in today’s society?
- Go through each of the 10 commandments. For each one…
- How difficult or easy is it to follow today?
- Find something positive you could do in response to it (eg instead of just ‘Do not murder’… ‘Pray for your enemies’)
- You could spend time this week praying about these positive responses and consciously trying put some into action.
If you’d like to keep in touch, need some practical help, a prayer, or would like to explore faith a bit more… then just let us know via our Contact Page. We’d love to hear from you.
You can join us in our buildings – if you would like to. Restricted capacity for safety means we are using an Alphabetical System. More details here
If you’d like to join a Growth Group, to get to know other people and explore life and faith together, then let us know here.
Join us to Pray for our church, community and the world on Sundays at 5:45- 6:30pm via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting ID: 846 9100 8512 Password: 316
How do I follow the Service?
EITHER: Click on the service above
OR: (on a TV or device): 1: Open the YouTube app; 2: Search for St James & St Lukes Church. 3: Subscribe. 4: Click on the Live Stream (or Playlists for previous week’s services). 5: Once you’ve subscribed, you should be able to find each week’s playlist quickly.