The Bigger Body
Our live stream from St James’ Church building from 11am Sunday…
Watch later or browse other past live streams by clicking here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC82Y1tUmIGhFlSJYYgX3mmQ
You can use some of these in Growth Groups or alone:
Read through 1 Corinthians 16:1-4
- Paul encourages the Christians in Corinth to set aside money for giving as a priority – in proportion to their income.
- How can this apply to us today?
- As Christians, how do you think we should decide how much to give to the church or to others?
- What difference does giving make – and to who?
- Do you think we should give more or less as a nation to needs around the world?
- As a church, we give 10% of our income to other organisations – our Mission Partners – for long-term work, disaster appeals etc. (You can find out more about our main Mission Partners here)
- How do you feel about this?
- Do you think we should give more or less?
- How else could you support our partners individually or as a group? Maybe practically, through prayer, giving or joining campaigns?
What can I pray for?
- Pray for Christians in Afghanistan. You can read more from our Mission Partner, Open Doors at https://www.opendoorsuk.org/persecution/world-watch-list/afghanistan/
- It may help to try to imagine you are a Christian in that country. How would it feel? How would it affect your life? Now pray for the people there.
- Pray for us as a church – that we would be cheerful and generous givers. Pray also that together we would handle our finances well – in the way that God wants us to.
- Pray for those who will be starting or returning to school for a new year – pupils, teachers, other staff, governors and parents. Pray in particular for St James’ and St Luke’s schools and for our links with them.
If you’d like to keep in touch, need some practical help, a prayer, or would like to explore faith a bit more… then just let us know via our Contact Page. We’d love to hear from you.
You can join us in our buildings – if you would like to. More details here
Join us after the service for Zoom Coffee & Chat after the live stream – from 11:45am – 12.15pm. Click Here to join or join Zoom Meeting: 856 8151 5317 Passcode: 375804
Join us to Pray for our church, community and the world on Sundays at 5:45- 6:30pm via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting ID: 846 9100 8512 Password: 316
If you’d like to join a Growth Group, to get to know other people and explore life and faith together, then let us know here.
How do I follow the Service?
EITHER: Click on the service above
OR: (on a TV or device): 1: Open the YouTube app; 2: Search for St James & St Lukes Church. 3: Subscribe. 4: Click on the Live Stream (or Playlists for previous week’s services). 5: Once you’ve subscribed, you should be able to find each week’s playlist quickly.