The Lost Coin
Our live stream from St James’ Church building from 11am Sunday…
Watch later or browse other past live streams by clicking here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC82Y1tUmIGhFlSJYYgX3mmQ
Join us after the service for Zoom Coffee & Chat after the live stream – from 11:45am – 12.15pm. Click Here to join or join Zoom Meeting: 856 8151 5317 Passcode: 375804
Join us to Pray for our church, community and the world on Sundays at 5:45- 6:30pm via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting ID: 846 9100 8512 Password: 316
You can use some of these in Growth Groups or alone:
Read through Luke 15:1-10
- Try and describe a modern day equivalent of one of these stories – maybe a time in your own life when you’ve lost something or make up a fictional example.
- Jesus is saying that the shepherd or woman are like God – who goes looking for what is lost. In what ways can we be lost?
- How do you think the Pharisees would have felt about the rejoicing over finding the lost? How do you feel?
- How could you prioritise ‘seeking and saving the lost’ more in your life?
- Think of the things you are involved in within the church. How might we do them differently if we were putting a higher priority on the lost?
What can I pray for?
- Pray for the people of Goma. You can find the Tearfund Video we watched in our service today here . Think back over the last few months to stories of suffering that have been in the news but now disappeared. Pray for any situations where the suffering is still likely to be continuing. You could search for updates on the internet.
- Pray for us as a church that we would join in Jesus’ mission of ‘seeking and saving the lost’
- Ask God to show you personally how you can join him in ‘seeking and saving the lost’.
If you’d like to keep in touch, need some practical help, a prayer, or would like to explore faith a bit more… then just let us know via our Contact Page. We’d love to hear from you.
You can join us in our buildings – if you would like to. Restricted capacity for safety means we are using an Alphabetical System. More details here
If you’d like to join a Growth Group, to get to know other people and explore life and faith together, then let us know here.
How do I follow the Service?
EITHER: Click on the service above
OR: (on a TV or device): 1: Open the YouTube app; 2: Search for St James & St Lukes Church. 3: Subscribe. 4: Click on the Live Stream (or Playlists for previous week’s services). 5: Once you’ve subscribed, you should be able to find each week’s playlist quickly.