A Good Neighbour (18/04/21)
Our live stream from St James’ Church building from 11am Sunday…
If you need the link instead, it’s:
Join us after the service for Zoom Coffee & Chat after the live stream – from 11:45am – 12.15pm. Click Here to join or join Zoom Meeting: 856 8151 5317 Passcode: 375804
Join us to Pray for our church, community and the world on Sundays at 5:45- 6:30pm via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting ID: 846 9100 8512 Password: 316
You can use some of these in Growth Groups or alone:
- Read through Luke 10:25-37 step-by-step. As you go, pause and imagine how each person or story character was feeling.
- Which characters do you identify with the most and why?
- Today, if you needed help, who do you feel would be the most unlikely people to help you? Why?
- Who can you think of who might not expect you to give help to them? Is there anything you could do about this?
- Jesus praises the expert in the law for his knowledge of God’s word, but also responds with a story about putting it into practice.
- What do you feel personally are your strengths and weaknesses regarding knowledge and practice as a Christian?
- What can you to grow in one of the areas you feel weaker in?
What can I pray for?
- Pray for the local emergency services
- Pray for those who may feel ignored or left out of our society
- Pray for our church’s children’s and youth work as we restart some of their activities over the next fortnight. Also pray for new team members.
If you’d like to keep in touch, need some practical help, a prayer, or would like to explore faith a bit more… then just let us know via our Contact Page. We’d love to hear from you.
You can join us in our buildings – if you would like to. Restricted capacity for safety means we are using an Alphabetical System. More details here
If you’d like to join a Growth Group, to get to know other people and explore life and faith together, then let us know here.
How do I follow the Service?
EITHER: Click on the service above
OR: (on a TV or device): 1: Open the YouTube app; 2: Search for St James & St Lukes Church. 3: Subscribe. 4: Click on the Live Stream (or Playlists for previous week’s services). 5: Once you’ve subscribed, you should be able to find each week’s playlist quickly.