Gifted for Growth
Our live stream from St James’ Church building from 11am Sunday…
Watch later or browse other past live streams by clicking here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC82Y1tUmIGhFlSJYYgX3mmQ
Join us after the service for Zoom Coffee & Chat after the live stream – from 11:45am – 12.15pm. Click Here to join or join Zoom Meeting: 856 8151 5317 Passcode: 375804
Join us to Pray for our church, community and the world on Sundays at 5:45- 6:30pm via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting ID: 846 9100 8512 Password: 316
You can use some of these in Growth Groups or alone:
Read through 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 & 27-31 then 14:1-5
Paul lists some gifts in verses 7-11 and 27-31 (he lists others elsewhere eg in Romans 12 & Ephesians 4 – and there are many others in the Bible). Some might be described as more ‘spiritual’; others as more ‘practical’.
- How do you feel about these different gifts?
- Are there some types of gifts that you think that we focus on too much or too little today?
- Paul later gives an example of how the Corinthians are mis-using gifts. How can we use our gifts well or badly?
- Think about someone you know (maybe in your group if you’re doing this together): What particular gifts do you think that they have? How could you encourage them?
- Thinking about yourself:
- What gifts do you think God has given you?
- How have you used them at different stages in your life?
- How do you think he want you to use them now?
- Set aside time to listen to God, ask others & consider how you could use your gifts in the church or in other parts of your life.
What can I pray for?
- Take time to talk & listen to God about the gifts he has given you – and how you should be using them at this stage in your life.
- Pray for us as a church as we plan to re-start activities in September and gather teams to make this happen.
- Lots of people are getting married at this time – some who’ve had repeated delays to their arrangements. Pray for them and their families.
- Until Tuesday, you can join in New Wine United Breaks Out here – there will be lots of inspirational sessions and plenty of opportunities to pray!
If you’d like to keep in touch, need some practical help, a prayer, or would like to explore faith a bit more… then just let us know via our Contact Page. We’d love to hear from you.
You can join us in our buildings – if you would like to. More details here
If you’d like to join a Growth Group, to get to know other people and explore life and faith together, then let us know here.
How do I follow the Service?
EITHER: Click on the service above
OR: (on a TV or device): 1: Open the YouTube app; 2: Search for St James & St Lukes Church. 3: Subscribe. 4: Click on the Live Stream (or Playlists for previous week’s services). 5: Once you’ve subscribed, you should be able to find each week’s playlist quickly.